Mike Hearn wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:08:36 -0500, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
This is a patch to fix the primary bug on DungeonKeeper. I am surprised
this bug was overlooked up to 0.9, since this is such a basic
characteristic of Windows.

I think the conclusion last time we looked at this was that this is
actually a characteristic of Explorer, not Windows, and so it's really
caused by the fact that most Wine users run the apps from the command line
not via the shortcuts. If you run Dungeon Keeper in the wrong way from the
command line in Windows it'll crash too IIRC.

thanks -mike

Sorry to disagree, but I have seen this behavior (fully qualified name in argv[0]) since MS-DOS and Windows 3.1. Even some old C tutorial books mention it in passing. I have also replicated this behavior from the command line (COMMAND.COM) in MS-Windows 98 in a DOS box, without using Explorer. My sample app prints out the argv[] array and it consistenly shows a fully qualified path to the executable in argv[0], even when run from a DOS box.

Alex Villacís Lasso