Michael Jung wrote:
Hi Eric,

On Friday 11 November 2005 09:37, Eric Pouech wrote:

I ran into similar problems in shell32/shellole.c, function
SHCoCreateInstance.
Shouldn't when both bLoadFromShell32 and bLoadWithoutCOM are false call
CoInitialize before CoCreateInstance (I got once a program needing it) ?

It's not obvious to me where we would call CoUninitialize in this case. As I understand it, we have to keep COM initialized until the created object is destroyed again. The short test program, which I've sent with the initial mail, seems to indicate that while COM is initialized inside SHBrowseForFolder, it's un-initialized again afterwards.

Bye,
I was more referring to the missing call to CoInitialize... I don't think it's reasonable here to call CoUninitialize here ;-)

A+

--
Eric Pouech