On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:22:22 +0100, Robert Shearman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 01:06:50 +0100, Robert Shearman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is it still too early to expect much from wine ole and just add all ole related dlls to winecfg as native only?

No. Please report any bugs with the builtin ones and I'll see what I can do.

OK , I have oleaut32, ole32, and rpcrt4 explicitly as built-in and msvcrt and riched20 as native.

The attached log is WINEDEBUG="+loaddll" wine natspeak &>/tmp/loaddll.log

The program starts, presents a dlg , then goes on to load some user voice profile data. At this point it momentarily shows an error dlg that seems to have COM in the msg before it shutsdown to the command prompt.

At least this behaviour is fairly orderly.

Can you advise what other traces you need to look at?

The traces have a couple of error messages caused by missing registry entries. These may or may not be expected. I would maybe suggest a +reg,+snoop log using native dlls and see if the calls with the CLSIDs mentioned should indeed fail. If they do, then there is something more subtle going on and a +ole,+seh,+tid,+olerelay may reveal what it is.

Sorry I've been slow replying , I've been pushing to get this on 0.9.1, with some success.

Using ie5.5sp2 rather than ie6 I have managed to get Dragon v7 prefered to work on wine-0.9.1 + DCOM98 with a minimum of natives.

In short : sidenet for config and DCOM98
wine install of IE5.5
run the installer (installsheild based)

winecfg for new app:
invert sidenet's *n,b to *b,n
add msvcrt,riched20, riched32, ole32, oleaut32, rpcrt4 as native.
copy in a real comdlg32.dll

run wine natspeak , audio setup and training . All basic functions work well.

Now I followed your suggestion to run a +reg,+snoop and I got an error and an orderly shutdown.

The program logs what happened itself , see attached file.

Suggestions pls.