Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Hello,
I just read the "constify data" todo, and I thought it would be good to make the VTables in my ddraw implementation const. The old ddraw implementation also declares them static. Is there any advantage in it?

My C book just says that they can only be referenced from the local module, which is correct. But are there any other effects?

No, that is the only direct effect. However, as it can only be referenced from the one module then the compiler will warn if it is not used, leading to less dead code. Also, it doesn't put a symbol in the ELF name table, which means loading the DLL will be slightly faster.

--
Rob Shearman