Alexander N. Sørnes wrote:

Hello,

I have found some font problems recently with Wine. First of all, the text of most richedit objects started displaying as rectangles since around Wine 0.9.9, and now, with current CVS, no text is displayed in applications witht the standard Windows interface (like winecfg, wordpad, message boxes etc.) on some systems. While the first issue occurs on all systems I have tested, the second one does not. On a system with only the free corefonts installed, the text is missing; while on a system with all Windows/MS Office fonts, it is displayed fine. What are the new default fonts? Is the first system misconfigured, or does Wine only use non-downloadable Windows fonts now?

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes

I found a solution, not very good but it works:

open regedit
Delete HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\\Fonts\\
Delete HKEY_USERS\\S-1-5-4\\Software\\Wine\\Fonts\\External Fonts\\

An indication that it works is that the following doesn't come up as all blocks:
wineconsole --backend=user wcmd