Dan Kegel wrote:
On 4/18/06, Mike Hearn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
so IMHO
this one shouldn't be judged on whether it gets checked in or not but
rather whether it works and how easy it is to use.

I wouldn't put it that way.  I'd continue "and if it clearly makes the world
a happy place, Alexandre will naturally change his mind".
I agree

Such a thing has many uses:

* Hosting ActiveX controls inside a native Firefox

Now that's an evil use :-)
Evil not to mention very bad idea.. ActiveX is the big cause of spyware and some virii as far as I'm concerned, and if you put that into FF, you are opening a whole new can of worms for ppl like cydoor and doubleclick... With that being said it would make it (theoretically) possible to use the ActiveX Sun JVM for IE under FireFox, thereby finally allowing me to play runescape in FireFox with sound..
On the whole, I hope this happens.  It would be an interesting experiment.
- Dan
I agree this idea is one of the best I have seen so far, and if done properly will open up a whole new set of doors for linux users, and probably make it a whole lot easier to convince windows users to switch, while at the same time keeping the security issues to a minimum..

Tom