Kai Blin wrote:
* Kai Blin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [17/04/06, 20:44:30]:
Now what I wanted to as was the following. I've recently started to look
into the GENSEC library samba4 has to implement SSPI authentication and
signing/sealing, as the latter is impossible to do with ntlm_auth. Now,
would you consider this to be too cheesy to do as a project for summer
of code? If yes, I would of course try to think of something else I can
do, but I'd really like to see SSPI doing all that's possible on win32
one day. And I think GENSEC is the way to go.
Judging from the lack of feedback as compared to the other proposals, I
guess you don't like it. I'll go look for something else then.

Kai

Kai, don't feel bad. I actually do think it is a good idea, but to me it looks like you are describing a proposal that will end up going into samba's tree, not ours. If you could clarify what this will do for wine, I think you might generate a lil more contructive activity (vs "yes please implement more game stuff!").

Tom