On 4/30/06, Chris Niederauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We can at least avoid any direct dlsym references on the Mac and
simply use the glXGetProcAddress procedure.  Also, for anything that
is added to the OpenGL stack post 10.4.4 or whatever the first intel
version of OS X was, it could avoid a huge amount of
glXGetProcAddress's for the included opengl calls like glBegin, etc.

Ah yes. We do this on Linux to avoid a hard OpenGL dependency, which
not everybody will have. But you know users must have this on MacOS as
the GUI is not optional.

This is not a requirement by the processor, per se, but by the OS X
ABI.

I see. What a peculiar ABI. Well you can't possibly fix it the way you
currently do, just force an aligned mmap for the stack when it's first
allocated.

On systems that already have roots like the Window Server on OS X and
the GDI root on Windows, your system then looks like Linux.

I don't understand. The root window doesn't have to be visible, as
long as it exists for accounting purposes.