Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:01:33PM +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 04:09:09PM -0400, Segin wrote:

javaw.exe -version gives this:

java version "1.4.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_01-b03)

the crash gives just this, and nothing more:

swapper.jar: stack smashing attack in function WAVEMAP_widMessage()
Aborted

Very interesting and most likely informative message.

You should check whether there is a function parameter count mismatch
or function call type (cdecl, stdcall) mismatch around this area.
That could easily explain this "stack smashing" error message.

Actually it could also just be a bug in our wavemap code and we just
might overflow the stack ourselves.

Please run with
 WINEDEBUG=+wavemap,+mmsys wine javaw.exe -version

and see which wavemap call triggers this.

Ciao, Marcus

Sorry, but the WINEDEBUG deal doesn't come up with anything. I'll recompile Wine with 'debug' in USE.

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
        -- Linus Torvalds