On 6/1/06, KGJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

The AppDB is a great idea, but why is it so poorly integrated in the
main page? The same question goes to the Bugtracker and the Wiki where
the situation is even worse. On most web pages you have a navigation bar
which remains the same as long as you are on the same page. But if you
enter the AppDB or the Bugtracker you have the feeling that you are on
an entirely new page which only have a link back to the main page and a
similar design. If you enter one of the wiki pages the situation is even
worse because it does not even have a link to the main page in the
navigation bar. Is this a design decision or is it just the lack of time
which prevents IMHO proper integration?

I have to agree here that this sucks. I have been looking at doing
something about this for a while. I have looked at making patches that
woud fix up Wine HQ, AppDB and Bugzilla but I am lost with changing
the wiki. The change I propose would add links for the four sites that
we have to each site. IE:

Wine HQ menu
 Main Site Home
 AppDB Home
 Bugzilla Home
 Wiki Home.

I am still working on the upgrade to 2.20 for bugzilla and I think I
am close to having it finished but I do not want to have a repeat of
the last upgrade, so I am a little gun shy. Once that is in I can make
it a priority to get those changes in.

Also as I have said I have a lot of problems changing the wiki. Maybe
Dimi could give me some pointers. (please).

--

Tony Lambregts