I believe it is better to store binaries as arrays and use temporary files than drop many small .com binaries all over the code tree (for now I have 3 test programs about 30 bytes each). It is possible to comment/disassemble test cases instruction by instruction, if needed.

Also, not everyone can use git, and I believe diff/patch would fail to produce patchable diffs with binary files in them.

Mike Hearn wrote:
On 6/5/06, Dmitry Timoshkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd rather we got out of the habit of doing this seeing as I think git can
> deal with binaries better than cvs can.

There is no point in storing the binaries in the *source* tree, besides
tiny .com file which shows the bug shouldn't take more than 100 bytes
of an array in the .c file.

Sure it might be small, but it's still a binary no matter how we store
it. It's not more useful as an array than as a true binary file on
disk. Why obfuscate and expand it by embedding it into a text file?

thanks -mike