On 6/25/06, Ivan Leo Puoti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jaap Stolk wrote:
> from what I could google, code=c0000096 means that a privileged
> instruction was found.

This is to be expected. DispatchDeviceControl is the function in the driver
which handles the IO for
the kernel (in this case our fake kernel). If it's a driver it obviously must
need to do something
that has to be done in ring 0, such as running a privileged instruction. For
safedisc, we have some
hardware emulation which will run the privileged instructions it needs. What
you'll probably have to
do is find the instructions the particular driver needs (you can find it in
c:\windows\system32\drivers) and emulate it somehow, which may or may not be
possible.

Ivan.

Thanks Ivan.
I did some IRC with Vitaliy, and he came to the conclusion that the
outport() code was probably the result of messed up code/stack, since
the program doesn't use any hardware or locks. I will look into it
tomorrow.

Jaap.