On 14/07/06, Stefan Dösinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  * C&C Generals - Fails to run
> >
> > Copy protection? Otherwise it has GPU detection problems
>
> Looks like GPU issues, I'll try it again.
The issue is that Generals uses the pci id of the graphics card to find out
which capatiblities it has. This is completely broken behavior because there
are capatiblity flags in Direct3D which the game could read with
IDirect3D9::GetCaps. Henri reported that Generals is broken in windows too
when you have a shiny new nvidia card because nvidia changed the number
scheme and Generals thinks it is running on a really ancient card and
disables vital rendering.
That's copy protection. Generals doesn't run without a proper no-cd.
The issue I mentioned was with newer nVidia card having lower PCI IDs
than the older ones. That's only an issue once you're actually in the
game though.