Kuba Ober wrote:

Popping up console windows is equal to not working for me. (...)

Also, I'd love it a lot if all the ncurses crap was avoided. The compilers output plain text on the standard output (whatever that is on windows).
Why don't you just use "wcmd <app>"?

As I gather, "wineconsole" is for providing a Windows console environment.
Unfortunately, the ncurses implementation seems to be broken (doesn't work properly on my box), that's why I suggest using a separate window, because it works.

For running text-mode applications that don't need a user interface, you can use "wcmd" stand-alone.