Am Dienstag 12 September 2006 18:13 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 12/09/06, Stefan Dösinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yeah, but we still can't remove the entry. Or wait, set it to 0 and
> > implement state 0 as a nop-apply :-)
>
> Why wouldn't you be able to remove an entry from a list?
With the array, we can only truly remove a single element by moving all other
entries by one, reducing the total amount of entries and adjusting all values
that specify a list index. This is possible, but the amount of work needed is
growing linearly with the numbers of elements in the list.

However, we can set the to delete value to 0, and if our apply function hits
the state 0 to apply, it just continues with the next state :-) It is not
truly removed then, but this works too and is much cheaper.