On 9/26/06, James Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/26/06, Tom Spear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a quick side.. We have a component for MSI, why not make ones for other
> installer types as well, such as (at the very least) InstallShield, and
> possibly WISE?

MSI is a component of Windows and thus Wine.  Installshield and WISE
are proprietary products not affiliated with Windows.

--
James Hawkins

IMHO, I disagree.  On a base install of windows, under program files, there is an installshield driver, along with ikernel.exe.  I may be wrong because it has been a while since I reinstalled windows, and so therefore it may be added when you run an installshield installer for the first time, but even still, directx is an "addon" to windows, but we have a component for it.  Heck, even MSI is an "addon" to windows, in that it's listed under windows update and they release new versions of it.  Granted directx and MSI are affiliated in that they are made by M$, but like I said, installshield requires a dll in order to enable to files to work, just as MSI and directx do.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I have seen yet!

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_registration.php?userId=1547373