Duane Clark wrote:
Alexandre Julliard wrote:
Markus Amsler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

+ /* fill empty buffer on small reads */
+  if(!file->_cnt && rcnt <= MSVCRT_BUFSIZ) {
+    MSVCRT__filbuf(file);
+    /* reset internal buffer */
+    file->_cnt++;
+    file->_ptr = file->_base;
+  }

You need to handle errors properly, and MSVCRT__filbuf is probably not
the most appropriate thing to use here, a simple read would be
better.

Are you referring to _read() or read_i()? Those don't have an associated internal file buffer/cache (I guess because they don't have an associated file->_cnt and _ptr). Or were you referring to some other read call?

fread already does a _read() once it determines the current buffer is empty.

I'm also not sure which read you mean. But i assumed some sort of stripped down inline MSVCRT__filbuf with read_i.

Markus