Stefan Dösinger wrote:
I removed that call accidentally in one of my former patches, but I think it is still a good idea to trace the final strided sources used by drawprim

You removed it from a d3d8 fixed function FVF-only codepath, and are adding it back into a shared codepath. That function doesn't work properly with vertex declarations, it will only work with FVFs, which have different strided layout. FVFs use fixed semantic index [u.s.position], vdecl asks the shader for an index [u.s.input[idx]].

Furthermore, the trace isn't needed for declarations, because they have their own (better) traces.