Peter Oberndorfer a écrit :
Winedbg would crash on my system when trying to set a breakpoint (loading the
debug info from a .debug file)
The problem is that hash_table_elt adds the symbols of the .debug file to the
hashtable of the parent file.
But at the time elf_new_public_symbols is run, the sections of the .debug file
are already unmapped.
In addition to that the symbols in .debug would be added 2 times (.so and
.debug file)

Changelog:
dbghelp: fix debuglink crash, accessing memory after munmap
I don't think it's the right fix
IMO, we shouldn't call elf_new_public_symbols while processing the .gnu_link target, but in the parent call to elf_load_debug_from_map can you provide more information on the crash itself (which reference is lost to an unmapped section)

A+