"Peter Seebach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!  I'm new to Wine, but not a total newbie at C.  I have a very
specific interest:  I would like Wine to support more keys.

Background:  Windows has support for no fewer than 24 function keys;
in fact, possibly, as many as 32.  However, right now, Wine only supports
16 of them.  It is insanely trivial to patch Wine to support 24 function
keys by plugging new values into nonchar_key_vkey and nonchar_key_scan.
It is not much harder to support 32 at least partially; some sites
claim that vkey values 0x88-0x8F are intended to be used as F25-F32,
but there are no corresponding codes.  Well, okay; it's not unheard of for
a key to have a vkey value but no corresponding scan code.

I have diffs for this.  It works.

Please send this part of your work to wine-patches, it looks good and
completely acceptable.

There's just one TINY little problem.  Many Windows games have no support
for these keys!  NOOOOO!

We can do nothing about that. Under Windows that games won't start magically
recognize unsupported keys and work either.

I have implemented and tested a patch which is almost certainly unsuitable
for production, but which is very convenient to me; it is this patch I
enclose.  This patch replaces F13-F24 with "control-alt-F1" through
"control-alt-F12", and F25-F32 control-alt-shift-F1 through F8.

If this is not how Windows handles those keys then that's obviously a
not acceptable solution for Wine.

--
Dmitry.