Felix Nawothnig wrote:
Well - yes. But other controls do this too (statusbar for example) and considering all the stuff we do during refresh this is hardly a bottleneck. And even if it is we should optimize this codepath in gdi32 instead (by caching solid brushs for example).

...looking at the statusbar code again I think using GetSysColorBrush() for the three default cases would be even better. If an app overrides the colors using CD performance will suffer slightly but that's Microsoft's fault by requesting a COLORREF and not a brush for each item.

Felix