Dan Kegel wrote:
Alex wrote:
closest I have gotten is some patches for Wine's WordPad implementation.
Granted, it's less sexy than games, but you could learn more about C and
Wine by building on that experience. There are lots of small and easy
improvements that can be done get Wordpad up to par with native. Then come
back next year to fix the games!
That  i s  a good idea. :)

I think I will go for it, unless anyone has objections to it.

Sounds good to me.  Suggestion: spend a day or two filing bugs
or enhancement requests now for a bunch of things you'd like to fix / improve
in wordpad.  (I might even suggest broadening your proposal to
include notepad; maybe there are a couple low-hanging fruit there.)

Printing please! It needs lots of work. Wordpad doesn't have it, and notepad printing is terrible.