"Ann & Jason Edmeades" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>What your test app is doing? It probably needs a test under Windows to
>see in which encoding (ANSI/OEM) a not unicode app should receive input
>via a pipe.

Sorry, just realized I had not addressed your last comment - Can you expand
on this sample test please and I'll do some experimenting. How do you mean a
pipe (just stdin?) and what would this be showing beyond the straight file
i/o case (My original test does straight writes to the console, and to a
file).

I meant things like 'dir >lst.txt', 'dir | sort > lst.txt'. 'dir' and 'sort'
could be replaced by some external .exes that get input and produce outpup.

Also, for example, any suggestions on how to tell OEM from ANSI, and on
telling the codepage used for the conversions.

GetConsoleOutputCP

--
Dmitry.