Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

"Mikolaj Zalewski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

+ /* The validation is also done in explorer. However we must also do it + * on the client size so that WM_COPYDATA doesn't crash the application
+     */
+    if (nid->cbSize != NOTIFYICONDATAW_V1_SIZE &&
+        nid->cbSize != NOTIFYICONDATAW_V2_SIZE &&
+        nid->cbSize != NOTIFYICONDATAW_V3_SIZE &&
+        nid->cbSize != sizeof(NOTIFYICONDATAW))
+    {
+        WARN("Invalid size\n");
+        return FALSE;
+    }

Do you have a test case for this?

I was testing this but now I see my tests failed because the hWnd was invalid. With a valid hWnd this works even for an invalid cbSize, so this patch is wrong. I'll try to check tomorrow how that should be done correctly.

Mikolaj Zalewski