On 5/8/07, Steven Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/8/07, Tom Spear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just remembered reading somewhere (wiki, perhaps?) that the ultimate
> goal of wine (aside from documenting the windows api, etc) was to
> provide open-source drop-in replacements for windows' core dll's.  If
> that is the case, do we have a framework setup for building the wine
> dlls as windows .dll files, so that we could test the actual status of
> this?

Google around for posts by me and other about build wine with mingw.
I've been meaning to document it for years but never gotten around to
it. You either need to build on windows with a mingw or have two trees
on Linux, one with the host tools and the other configured for the
cross-compiler.

That would be the framework.  I appreciate the response.  Is this
something that either now or in the future will be officially
supported by wine, or even a true goal of wine, or is it more of a
side project for you and some others?

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email