On 6/22/07, Steven Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/22/07, Frank Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Another idea: let wine's explorer monitor the start menu directory and
> let it update the fd.o menu as soon as it detects a change. This way
> changes to the start menu folder are instant, at least while explorer runs.

Thank you for that idea Frank, I was wondering how to detect changes.

Alexandre: do you have any recommendations about this? Should explorer
poll periodically and be in charge of keeping the lnk's in sync with
the fd.o?

With FindFirstChangeNotification() and FindNextChangeNotification()
you don't even have to poll, and those are implemented on wineserver
using inotify, so it's very efficient.

--
Steven Edwards

I'm already working on it :-)