I know there is some discussion of what should be put in the kernel
module, so I am asking for advice on what to implement... ie. just
handles, everything wineserver does, etc.
The first question is:
        Why do you want to do that and what specifically do
        you want to achieve?

A small step towards less overhead in client <-> server calls?

One _big_ vote for putting thread sync primitives --- events, semaphores, mutexes and critical sections --- in. We had to build a custom Wine to get acceptable realtime performance (thanks, Ulrich!). The client <-> server were causing high priority threads to block on low priority ones.

I guess a test case would be something that shows how a high priority thread blocking on a sync primitive, while some low priority thread is doing some unrelated server heavy stuff, like lots of graphics updates.

Cheers... mo