Is a shame that a lot of discussions on wine-devel has to end like this.
A new people propose something that he things is the solution to a problem he has in wine.
And all the 'established'  developers try to find as much

It is unfortunate that many discussions here on wine-devel to end this way.
A new developer thinks he has solved a problem he has in wine, and wants to share the solution with the rest of the community.
And 'the established'  developers try to find as much issues they can find with the implementation to prove that what they have written has no problem but is so by design

Maybe it would be better to to have a more constructive respond and to thank the developer for his attempt to share his work with the community

And after that then to see if:

- it is the right solution.
- needs a better implementation
- already has a implementation but needs better documentation.
- other.......

kind regard,

Marco