2009/3/7 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzi...@earthlink.net>:
> Also, please be aware that entries referring to ReactOS, PlayonLinux and
> Crossover are also being removed.  The latter is actually biting the hand
> that feeds us.  CodeWeavers, the producers of Crossover, host WineHQ.  What
> might be a better idea is to state:

It's not biting the hand that feed us. We don't want Crossover AppDB
data in Wine's AppDB, just like Crossover doesn't want Wine's AppDB
data in their AppDB.

> "This program has been shown to work better with Crossover, please visit
> their web site for more details.  Please be aware that Crossover is a
> commercial product whose developers also support Wine."

AppDB is user-maintained. If the users said this, I personally
wouldn't mind as long as the rest of their test data was related to
Wine. I will not put words in the users' mouths.

I recently removed a few test data submissions where ies4linux and
PlayOnLinux were used. Since these are not supported by WineHQ in
other places (forums and IRC), I feel perfectly justified in doing
that.