On 4 Aug 2009, at 10:42, Francois Gouget wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Scott Ritchie wrote:

I have begun some cleanup of the website, starting with the most popular
pages.  In particular, the about page: http://www.winehq.org/about/

The text is much easier to read for a newcomer to get a general overview
of the project.

Actually I got the page in French (which is good) so I don't know if I
got the latest version. But I did not find a way to switch the language
on the page (I could reconfigure the browser but that's not reasonable
to expect). So this raises two questions:

Someone else already answered that the link to switch languages is on the main winehq.org page.

However, I'd like to suggest that the current language is not handled via a cookie but rather as part of the URL. That would make it possible for external sites to link to the right language and also google would be able to find these other languages. If I configure google to only return results in German and search for Wine I get German Wikipedia entries as a result but not a link to winehq.org in German. At least not on the first results page.

* Shouldn't we have a way to switch between languages?

Also, the link to the next page still says 'Wine's History: Next'
instead of 'L'historique de Wine: Suivant'. So maybe links are not
localizable? (it could also be that the translation is missing)

That's just a missing translation.

Cheers,
-Maik