Hello all,

I am working on updating our winemp3.acm implementation to a modern libmpg123. We where at about 0.59r and I have 1.8.1 working very well.

I have a few questions. Right now I have the smallest subset of files from libmpg123 that are needed to compile and work in the wine framework (mostly) unmodified. I have replaced all the malloc/free calls with HeapAlloc/HeapFree and worked in all the wine debugging code instead of the libmpg123 debugging code.

What I am wondering about is that there is still a lot of code in these files we have no interest in. The file reader and http reader and other things that we do not use (it is accessed just by the direct stream methods) and those things dependencies.

Should I leave all this code present in our version of the modules and mostly preserve the libmpg123 work to make it easier to keep updating forward? Or should i remove all the unneeded code so that the modules present in winehq are leaner and more targeted to just the things the wine needs, but then they deviate much more from the original libmpg123 source?

With what I have now the mp3 source material this game i am testing is using sounds much much better. So it should be a great improvement.

Thanks,
-aric