Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 05:08:21PM +0100, Jacek Caban wrote:
Well, I hope that a side effect of installation during wineprefix
creation is that it will force packagers to package gecko <g> The
brutal true is that we had a very bad situation for a long time. I
can see three types of Wine users:

- regular users
They use Wine packages that should guarantee presence of Gecko (as
Wine dependency or in Wine package, depends on packagers
preferences). The current situation will probably force packagers to
do the right thing <g>

The Wine packages for openSUSE now do the right thing, since last Friday ;)
It will hopefully get this way into openSUSE 11.3 too.

Thanks!

I've added openSUSE to the list on:
http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko
It would be great if others could update the list for their distros. AFAIK Ubuntu packages also support Gecko, but I've never touched it, so I can't be sure. I don't know about other distros.

Jacek