Ilya Shpigor wrote:

GetWindowText work with the server side text buffer. Are you offer to use it? I don't sure that control text and this kind of window text are same things.
Hmm, I'm not sure. Looks like setting text always goes to server call, maybe it's the same thing (synced somewhere?)... Anyway GetWindowText should work, and Wine's implementation uses WM_GETTEXT only for same process windows,
so you shouldn't override default handling for this message.
Datetime control have own interpretation of data in the self text buffers. Using window text will need some synchronization when this data change. Can I do it?
Or course you can, format a string every time contents change and store it with SetWindowText(). WM_GETTEXT will work through default procedure (I've done it that way for IPAddress control).

P.S. Also don't forget comments regarding tests part.

Thanks.