On 12/11/2009 02:40 PM, Alexandre Hardy wrote:
Now as I understand the function it can only be a maximum of 32767 when you
use '\\?\', right? If so then this allocation should only be needed in the
'\\?\' case. This however is something you have to add tests for as well. So
create a path>  MAX_PATH (if that's possible as I guess the path/file has to
exist as well) and see what is returned on Windows.
Actually, I'm not certain that the maximum is not always 32767 WCHARS.
The MSDN states that GetLongPathNameA is limited to MAX_PATH characters,
and that you should use "\\?\" to increase the limit to 32767 characters.
I'm not entirely sure what GetLongPathNameW has as a limit.

So that's why we need the tests ;)

--
Cheers,

Paul.