Dan Kegel a écrit :
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverb...@gmail.com> wrote:
2009/12/17 Dan Kegel <d...@kegel.com>:
The two problems are not unrelated.  It's possible that
finding somebody willing to use antlr would be easier
than finding somebody willing to use yacc or write it
from scratch.

For a potential new contributor possibly, but I doubt that's true for
most existing Wine contributors.

I'm thinking of college students :-)

My personal experience is that most
people I know that use or used ANTLR are Java developers rather than C
developers though. I did use ANTLR v2.x myself in the past (I wrote
some Java too, hope it doesn't show too much ;)), although more in a
maintenance kind of way. Seemed to work well enough, although I don't
remember it having compelling features over bison/yacc.

Multilanguage support seems pretty compelling (though it's
kind of limited, since one usually intersperses target language code
in amongst the grammar...)
- Dan
we don't need to support several grammar compiler in wine
yacc/bison is way sufficient
but I agree that using a real grammar to rewrite cmd would be a real gain.
current code is unmaintainable as it is

A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the