On 12/29/09 2:07 PM, André Hentschel wrote:
Jacek Caban schrieb:
On 12/28/09 8:34 AM, Ove Kaaven wrote:
OK, I've almost got a wine-gecko package built 100% from source, but
there's a problem: the gcc version in Debian's mingw32, namely gcc
4.2.1-sjlj, apparently miscompiles the wine-gecko 1.0.0 sources, the
resulting Gecko just crashes. (The mingw32 version in oldstable, 3.4.5
something, compiles it correctly, but I can't reasonably build-depend on
it, as that version is not even in the current stable.)

(Note that this 4.2.1-sjlj might not suffer from that gcc bug 9381
mentioned on the wiki, as the testcases for it doesn't seem to crash. Or
aren't they supposed to crash?)

It does suffer from this bug, these tests are probably not enough to
show it.

I also seem to recall the gcc 4.4-based mingw32 compiler, available in
unstable, also refusing to compile those sources at all, due to numerous
problems with the headers, such as inconsistently declared calling
conventions for methods and stuff.

I'm not sure what to do about this. Any ideas about something I can do
to make it build with gcc 4.2 or 4.4?

The only compiler you can use for Wine Gecko 1.0.0 is GCC 3.4.5. Current
Git version uses GCC 4.4 SVN version (waiting for the first official GCC
release). All older compilers are not enough unless you'd patch them
(but that doesn't sound reasonable).

Jacek

Hi Jacek,
gcc 3.4.5 or 3.4.6(as mentioned in the wiki)?

It was a typo, it's 3.4.6 (although 3.4.5 would also work).

Thanks,
    Jacek