Alexandre Julliard wrote:
Michael Ost <m...@museresearch.com> writes:

Is this on purpose? It doesn't seem right at first glance. I would
assume that WINEDLLPATH would take precedence. Otherwise what purpose
would it serve?

It serves as an extra path where dlls can be found, but dlls from the
current running installation are used first. This is to enable
relocatable installs, and running from inside the build tree. Note that
you can always specify the full exe path on the command line.

That doesn't work without a wine drive that includes APP.exe.so --- we run without z:/.

I think it makes more sense to require, as Hin-Tak Leung's patch does, that a user put /usr/lib/wine in WINEDLLPATH if they use WINEDLLPATH. This is how LD_LIBRARY_PATH works for ld and PATH works in bash --- so it's expected behavior.

Also, from my reading of the code, you jump through some special hoops to deal with running from the build directory which could be more easily solved by putting WINEDLLPATH first.

Anyway, I'm guessing that I'm whistling in the wind here since so much is built on how WINEDLLPATH currently works...?

Thanks... mo