Scott Ritchie wrote:
My notes from Wineconf remind me that I need to create some manual links in the registry to whatever default CJK fonts are on the system. Can someone tell me what these are supposed to look like?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie

Sure! (sorry for the delay)

The important keys are the following:
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontLink\SystemLink","Tahoma"

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontLink\SystemLink","Microsoft Sans Serif"

and
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontLink\SystemLink","Lucida Sans Unicode"

They are REG_SZ_MULTI type of either
"<font file ttc>:<font name>"  or "<Font file ttf>"

so for example windows sets (in inf format for Japanese Windows):

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontLink\SystemLink","Tahoma",0x00010002,"MSGOTHIC.TTC,MS UI Gothic","gulim.ttc,gulim","SimSun.TTC,SimSun","mingliu.ttc,PMingLiU"

The glyphs will be found in order. So if a glyph is missing from Tahoma, then it tries MSGOTHIC.TTC next, if still missing gulim.ttc and so on. I do not have chinese windows to investigate but it may be that the order of the fonts is different. This may not be an issue on linux.

Any other questions just ask.
thanks!
-aric