On 5/9/2010 00:21, wy...@volny.cz wrote:
Hi Marcus,

* better backtraces for bug reports
-O2 works like a charm there too, at least for me.
I think i read that somewhere and if i understood that correctly, my
conclusion at that time was, that -02 optimizes the code, so it can
"omit some" part of code and replace them by faster alternative. But
the debuging symbols then don't correspond such optimized code... And
even if i usually don't understand those backtraces, i want to provide
them as much readable for developer as possible.
It's mostly about a parameters printed in backtraces, with -O2 you'll see sometimes missed register values replaced with <register EDI not in topmost frame> for example. Don't know about inline things,
probably it could be inlined anyway with -O0 too, but I'm not sure.