On 9/28/10 9:37 PM, Reece Dunn wrote:
On 28 September 2010 15:14, Jacek Caban<ja...@codeweavers.com>  wrote:
I am interested in helping out to improve this area -- my aim is to
not require the `winetricks ie6` command to get some of these
applications (specifically the Big Fish Games client) to a usable
state.

Therefore, I am wondering if anyone knows where the best place is to
start looking (e.g. known areas of missing functionality) or how to
debug applications (and interpret WINEDEBUG output) to identify where
the issues are.
There is no single answer. You want mshtml debug channel for most cases. If
the problem is with embedding document in an app, then shdocvw is also
useful. If you have scripts that don't work (and we use jscript for them),
then jscript debug channel is the answer. If you have a problem with loading
document, I'd add urlmon,wininet channel.
After some digging around, there appears to be some issues with the
jscript.dll implementation:

    $ trace:jscript:DispatchEx_QueryInterface
(0x1dad2d0)->(IID_IDispatchJS 0x33d5e8)
    $ trace:jscript:DispatchEx_AddRef (0x1dad2d0) ref=7
    $ trace:jscript:prop_get L"SWFObject" ret {VT_EMPTY}
    $ trace:jscript:DispatchEx_Release (0x1dad2d0) ref=6
    $ trace:jscript:DispatchEx_Release (0x1dad2d0) ref=5
    $ fixme:jscript:new_expression_eval throw TypeError
The new_expression_eval fixme is because V_VT(&constr) == VT_EMPTY.

Now SWFObject is defined in a<script>  file, but there are various
script files. For example, given a html file containing:

     <script src="a.js"></script>
     <script src="b.js"></script>
with a.js:

     function SWFObject() { this.x = 5; }

and b.js:

     var swf = new SWFObject(); // appears to be erroring here
     alert(swf.x);
Is this supported currently in Wine, or am I going down the wrong track?

It's a known regression. A hack from bug 24365 should work around it.

Jacek