On 10/18/10 9:53 PM, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
On 10/18/2010 12:51 PM, Krzysztof Nowicki wrote:
Where I come from copying structures directly is considered bad practice and it's safer to use memcpy. We had problems before with broken compilers that
would try to do some black magic in such cases.
Then don't use broken compilers. GCC handles struct copying this just fine. And it's up-to compiler what sort of magic it's uses white or black. As long as struct gets copied you are all set.

Actually, gcc modifies the code to do a PROPER memcpy. Thus you can copy the contents of a string using a pointer rather than the string if you use variable a = variable b. Using memcpy might lead to interesting results if you do the same thing.
If the policy for Wine is to copy structures directly then I'll respect it.
I'm not the one setting policies, but that's what you should do - utilize C language constructs instead of going around them.

That's very true and this has been a C language construct for quite some time.

James McKenzie