On 11/30/2010 08:53 PM, Eric Durbin wrote:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Dan Kegel <d...@kegel.com
<mailto:d...@kegel.com>> wrote:

    I'm all for removing stuff that nobody needs anymore.  I imagine there
    are still a few popular older apps that will force us to keep some old
    win9x behaviors around, though, so we probably won't be able
    to remove the 'emulate win98' choice from winecfg any time soon.

Windows 7 still offers a compatibility mode back to Windows 95 in a
program/shortcut's properties. I don't think wine should remove this.

I think the first (only?) thing we should discuss right now is whether we should stop running our test-suite on Win9x/WinME.

The little bits and pieces we have in our code should stay as we probably need that to cope with old apps that expect a different behavior.

--
Cheers,

Paul.