On 12/31/10 11:56 AM, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
Susan Cragin wrote:
Does this 'path' exist in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivilent?

Otherwise ld might not be able to 'find' it when starting the program.

James McKenzie

James...
You've just exhausted my technical knowledge. How do I do / find that?
Susan:

For the BASH shell:
Type in set and look for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH line.
for the CSH/KSH shell:
Type in env
Look for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH line.

Hopefully, /usr/local/lib is there.

BTW, to make Wine work on a Mac, I have to add this line....

James McKenzie

Typed "set"
Did word search on "library."
Nothing.

for BASH, it should be
   export  | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH
not "set".

If you are setting the value, not searching for it.

set | grep LIBRARY
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/Lib

is what I get on my Mac (LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be set due to the UNIXness of Wine.)

James McKenzie