Hey there,

I'm experiencing some performance problems with wined3d. The affected game is FEAR (demo does the trick). At first I thought it was related to running the demo on my Intel i965, but I got the same problem running the demo on my Radeon HD4750@r600g.

If anyone wants to test this himself:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_10167.shtml
Performance collapses (kinda SW rendering level) after exiting the first underground section. My guess is that the water plane rendering is causing the issue.

So anyway, I wanted to profile this one, but gprof doesn't seem to work so well with wine. I tried to only compile wined3d with -pg, but this doesn't seem to have any effect. At least I don't get any gmon.out after the process exits.

What is the recommended way of profiling wine components? oprofile?

Thanks,
Tobias