On 08/26/2011 04:35 PM, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:

It might sound weird but the Israeli community really doesn't care about this terminal bug

AFAIK, the Windows console does not do BiDi either (which would mean that, in order to be bug compatible with Windows, neither should wineconsole). To be fair, it has been quite a while since I last checked, so something may have budged on that front.

The greater problem is that BiDi console is an unsolvable problem. I have not played much with MLTerm, but with Konsole, I keep it as a handy "turn on, look, turn off" feature. Without a good semantic understanding of the string it is almost impossible to perform BiDi reordering, and the results vary from barely readable to undecipherable.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.