On 09/02/2011 10:32 AM, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
Bruno Jesus wrote:
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 18:40, Bruno Jesus<00cp...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I don't get the same results here, can anyone help me to understand
why it failed?
10014 = WSAEFAULT and I could not find this return value anywhere
near, maybe due to threading?

Thanks,
Bruno

I see know that newer systems return a different value, should I add
an OR to the ok() or is there a better way like checking which OS is
running during the test?
That and Wine should return the error that the modern Windows return.

bye
        michael
If you read several tests, you will notice that :
- we don't use GetWindowsVersion()
- instead we detect old windows thanks to its odd behaviour (see for instance [1])
- we mark broken() for some "bad" values returned by some (old) windows

If you don't understand the broken keyword, imagine you're writing some code, in 2000. You didn't notice a corner case where your function returns a wrong value. Then, you fix your code in 2011. In this example, you will have a broken() that catches all systems running the old code (2000 <= version < 2011), and an ok() when version >= 2011.

And michael is right : wine should return the right "ok()" value, not the "broken()" one.

---
[1] http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=search&h=HEAD&st=grep&s=is_nt4