On 09/26/2011 09:10 AM, Andrew Eikum wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 04:50:22PM +0200, joerg-cyril.hoe...@t-systems.com
wrote:
I'm not satisfied with the removal of the audio tree from winecfg.
Beside allowing to switch or disable drivers, one key feature was to
allow inspecting the devices that winmm found on this system.

The goal of that patch, like the subject says, was to remove driver
selection. Obviously a side-effect of removing that entire tree was
removing the list of detected devices. I personally don't really see
the use of listing the detected devices, which is why I just removed
the tree wholesale.

If folks find the device list useful, I wouldn't be at all opposed to
adding it again in some form (obviously it would use MMDevAPI directly
instead of WinMM like the old code... except for MIDI devices, I
guess). I am opposed to adding the driver selection functionality back
in, though.

Andrew

Could we please wait another week (until after the wineconf) before doing these whole sale changes?

Please leave sound system and related winecfg code as-is.

Vitaliy.