On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Beyond that, perhaps the scaling should be put into the ICNS encoder rather
> than convert_to_native_icon().  That is, if it's handed a size that doesn't
> fit properly into one of the predefined slots, it would scale down to the
> next lower size.

It would be far more difficult to make that change in the ICNS encoder
than it is here. I think we should avoid it just so we can keep the
code simple.

I agree that scaling to 32x32 would probably work out better.
Personally, I probably would've chosen 128x128, since that would
involve no loss of information or distortion (but maybe we don't like
the increased file size?).

I guess it also depends on what size the OS uses to display the icon.
If it will usually be a particular size, we should probably take that
into account, though I don't know how much we can really do about it.