On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Rosanne DiMesio <dime...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 2013 11:35:28 +0200
> Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.dela...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Furthermore, there's already a comment telling sthg along the lines of
> > "this program wasn't tested with a recent wine version".
> > Isn't that sufficient already?
> >

> How exactly is that going to prevent spam in comments?

This won't prevent it, but I'm not sure hiding/disabling comments won't do
more harm than good.
In other words, my objection was just that we shouldn't throw the baby out
with the bathwater.

IMHO comments/instructions on the appdb entries are more important than the
occasional spam.
If the problem is so important, would it be feasible to add sthg like a
captcha to at least avoid automated spam?

Frédéric