On May 12, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Ken Thomases wrote:

> I'm not seeing that problem happen here.  Mind you, I'm currently testing on
> 10.6.  I'll have to run some tests on 10.7+ tomorrow.
>
> I find it improbable that removing NSResizableWindowMask from the style
> doesn't disable the zoom button.  That style is the only thing which enables
> the zoom button to begin with.  In other words, in a normal Mac app, one
> would not need to disable the zoom button separately.

Looks like you sent a patch for this.  The title is also empty when exiting
borderless to titled, which can be fixed here.

> Also, if the Windows program changes a window from resizable to
> non-resizable, then we should probably pull the window out of Cocoa
> fullscreen.  The Windows program _may_ have intended to make the window
> full-screen but we can't know that.  It may simply be changing the window
> style for some other purpose, and that may make it no longer a candidate for
> Cocoa full-screen mode.

Allowing Windows fullscreen in Cocoa fullscreen was never a very good idea.  I
did not want to force the window out, but a borderless window would not be
allowed to enter Cocoa fullscreen, so it probably should not be there.

> I disagree.  Windows programs that are not expecting their window to resize
> (because they haven't made them resizable) can misbehave badly if the window
> does resize.  Just because that didn't happen in your testing doesn't mean it
> won't.
>
> As you mentioned in your original email, Cocoa full-screen is roughly akin to
> window resizing.  So, it should be disabled if/when the window is made
> non-resizable.

I do not see the reason to disable buttons and make the windows non-resizable.
Probably wrong here, but doesn't this just eliminate click-through, which is
typical of Windows apps, because the Windows paradigm stinks?

> I don't follow this.  It is possible to resize any window even non-resizable
> ones?  To what are you referring?  Possible how?  Do you mean specifically
> just with this full-screen patch?

It is possible to do anything we want with a window.  The actual Windows
program not freaking out is another story.  Just pointing out that we are not
limited.